Are Veneers a Good Option for Me?
The Pros And Cons of Veneers
At High Desert Dental, Dr. Josh Eastham and his team provide a wide variety of dental services. One of the most popular ways patients are improving their smile is by a cosmetic dental procedure using veneers. If you’re not familiar with veneers, they are tooth-colored shells that cover the fronts of your teeth. This procedure may have a variety of cosmetic benefits, such as covering discolored teeth and closing holes between your teeth. While veneers produce fantastic results, they are an investment. Many patients ask, “Are veneers a good option for me?” Before you make your decision, here are a few things you should know about veneers!
What Is the Method of Using Veneers?
Veneers are very thin shells that are placed over the tops of your teeth. Before applying the veneers, we remove a coating of enamel from your teeth to ensure that the veneers look seamless and natural. We then take an impression of your teeth in order to produce the correct shapes and sizes for your personalized shell covers. This treatment is made out of porcelain or acrylic material.
“Highly recommend this office! The staff is amazing, they were able to get me in right away and did work on me the same day very pleased. If you are looking for a Dentist this is the place to go definitely taking my family. Dr. Josh is very knowledgeable, did a great job, best of all speaks Spanish very fluent.” – Isabel R.
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are an excellent solution for tooth holes, discoloration, chips, cracks, and slight misalignment. There are many benefits of using veneers as your cosmetic dental treatment.
- The porcelain material used to make veneers mimics the light-reflecting appearance and texture of real teeth.
- Porcelain is extremely stain-resistant against tobacco smoke, coffee, tea, and red wine.
- Veneers are available in a range of different colors. This helps you to choose a shade of white that complements your overall appearance. Our friend Dr. Hoang, a dentist in Bethlehem, GA, recommends a brighter smile, but not too bright. Something that looks naturally beautiful.
- Veneers can be used as a replacement for crowns in patients who have healthy teeth.
Are Veneers a Good Option for You?
Although veneers are an excellent alternative to braces, teeth whitening procedures, and dental crowns, they are not suitable for all.
- Patients that have badly decayed teeth or large fillings may not be eligible for veneers.
- If you have a habit of clenching or grinding your teeth, the veneer shell covers are at risk of cracking or chipping.
- Since a layer of protective enamel is removed as part of the treatment process, your teeth can feel more sensitive.
- It is important to note that the veneering process cannot be reversed.
- Veneers can last up to ten years with proper care, but they are one of the most expensive cosmetic treatments available. As a result, some patients opt to only have veneers placed on their most prominent front teeth. Consult with your dentist in Grand Junction to hear about all of your choices.
Ask Your Dentist Grand Junction
Our High Desert Dental team is here to help you achieve your smile goals. The best way to determine if veneers are a good option for you is by scheduling a veneers consultation. Dr. Eastham will weigh out the different options and answer all your questions or concerns. Contact our Grand Junction Dental office today!